What is a casement window?
A casement window, also referred to as a crank-out window, has a single sash that opens outward on a vertical axis by rotating a crank that is attached to the sash with heavy duty hinges. The hinges can open the sash to a full 90 degrees allowing for easy cleaning from inside the home. A multipoint locking system closes the unit tightly from a single lever. The casement is the most energy efficient of all operable window styles. Casements may be joined together into double, triple or quadruple units.
An awning window has a single sash that opens outward on a horizontal axis. The hardware and construction are very similar to the casement window line.
Where should I consider installing a casement window?
Casement and Awning Window Features:
- Multi-chambered 3 1/4 inch vinyl frames
- Fusion-welded sashes and mainframes
- Sash opens a full 90 degrees for easy cleaning and to meet egress code requirements
- Heavy duty foldable crank and hinge operating hardware
- Multi-point locking system with easy single lever operation
- Warm edge spacer system
- Meets Energy Star requirements with LowE/Argon glass option
- Transferable Lifetime Warranty